How To Resolve the 'Authentication Failed' error when Users Attempt a Password Change
End-Users receive an 'Authentication Failed' error when attempting a Password Change.
Ensure the PortalGuard service account is being utilized to enact the Password Change, as opposed to the individual user.
- Navigate to the PortalGuard server and open the PortalGuard Configuration Editor.
- Navigate to the User Repositories tab.
- Select the User Repository in which the users that experience the issue reside and click the 'Edit' button.
- Note: You may also double click the entry to open the configuration for editing purposes.
- Navigate to the Configuration -> LDAP Advanced tab.
- Check the box labeled 'Change Password As Admin?'
- Click the 'Save' button.
- From the main screen of the Identity Provider Configuration Editor, click the 'Apply to Identity Provider' button.
- Click the 'Sync' button.
- Attempt the password change action again.
- If the issue persists, please send the PG_Log to firstname.lastname@example.org with a summary of the following:
- Error & Behavior
- User that generated the error
- The following KB article outlines how to enable Trace Logging:
REV. 02/2019 | PortalGuard