Using Help Desk Regions to Limit Help Desk User Permissions
You would like to limit the permissions or scope of access granted to certain users with access to the PortalGuard Help Desk Console.
Configure a Help Desk Region through the 'User Repository' Configuration in the PortalGuard Configuration Editor.
Steps for Configuring a Help Desk Region within the PortalGuard Help Desk Console
In the following screen, set a name, description, and list of users to which this Region applies.
- On the PortalGuard Server, Open the PortalGuard Configuration Editor.
- Navigate to the 'User Repositories' Tab and highlight the Repository that users should be able to manage.
- Click the 'Edit' button on the right-hand side of the PortalGuard Configuration Editor.
- Navigate to the 'Features' Tab.
- Under the 'Help Desk' sub-tab, navigate to the 'Regional' tab:
Configure the LDAP Settings as required:
- If you have multiple Regions and a user falls under the scope of more than one, the 'Precedence' value will be used to determine which settings apply. The Lower the 'Precedence' value, the higher the priority.
Navigate to the 'Allowable Actions' tab.
Check/Uncheck the actions to enable/disable actions for this region
- The 'Base DN' is the scope of this region. If you only want the 'Authorized Users' to have access to a certain OU, define that OU here in the 'Base DN' - this must be input using the full DN (Distinguished Name) Format.
Click 'Save' to save these changes.
Click 'Save' to save the User Repository Configuration
Click 'Apply to PortalGuard Server' and then click 'Sync' for these changes to take effect.
- For Example, if you only want users in this region to be able to unlock accounts, your config might resemble the following:
REV. 08/2018 | PortalGuard