User Profile Converter
You want to use SQL to store your PortalGuard User Profiles, but you don't want to lose any data making the switch.
- PortalGuard's SQL Backend must be installed and configured:
Use the PortalGuard User Profile Converter to convert your file-based PG User Profiles to PG's SQL storage option.
- Download the User Profile Converter from BOX (link) onto your PortalGuard Server.
- Create a back-up of your current file-based user profiles located in the "\Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard\users" directory.
- Run "UserProfile_Converter.exe".
- Leave the "Runtime Log Level" set to "Trace", that way any issues can be diagnosed.
- Click the 'Count Profiles' button.
- NOTE: The number of user profiles should match the number of files in the "\Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard\users" directory.
- Once the amount of profiles has been detected then click the 'Convert Profiles' button.
- After all of the profiles have been converted, you can quit the utility.
REV. 03/2020 | PortalGuard