PortalGuard CAS SSO Pre-Requisites
You need to configure your PortalGuard server to act as a CAS Server for CAS SSO integrations.
Download and install the URL Rewrite module for IIS to enable CAS SSO Support.
- PortalGuard's SQL Backend must be installed and configured:
- Complete the PortalGuard SSO Pre-Requisites:
Enable CAS SSO Support via PortalGuard
- Navigate to the PortalGuard server and open the Identity Provider Configuration Editor.
- Click on the 'General IdP Settings' button.
- Navigate to the CAS SSO tab.
- Check the box labeled 'CAS Support Enabled?'
- Save the settings.
- Click on the 'Apply to Identity Provider' button.
- Click on the 'Sync' button.
Download and Configure URL Rewrite on the PortalGuard Server
- On the PortalGuard server, open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, expand the 'Sites' folder and then select the 'PortalGuard' website.
- Check the middle section of the screen to determine if the 'URL Rewrite' module is installed:
- If 'URL Rewrite' is not present, you will need to download it:
- Navigate to the following URL: https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite
- Do NOT click on the 'Install this Extension' button. Instead, click on the 'additional downloads' link immediately below the button.
- Choose the x64 option next to 'English':
- Run the MSI on the PortalGuard server to install the URL Rewrite module.
- Close and re-open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager program to view the URL Rewrite Module.
- Navigate to your PortalGuard website directory (typically 'C:\inetpub\PortalGuard') and edit the 'web.config' file in an administrative text-editor.
- Search the document for '<rewrite>' to locate the relevant section:
- Remove the comment characters from in front of the '<rewrite' tag:
- Locate the closing '</rewrite>' tag and remove the comment characters from here as well:
- Save the file.
- Navigate back to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Double-Click the 'URL Rewrite' module to view the now available rules:
REV. 03/2019 | PortalGuard