Use Fiddler to Capture HTTP/HTTPS Traffic on a Mobile Device
You need to use Fiddler to capture HTTP/HTTPS Traffic on a Mobile Device.
Configure your mobile device to route traffic through Fiddler.
- If you do not have Fiddler installed on your machine, you will need to download it directly from Telerik (Get Fiddler HERE)
- Fiddler must be configured to decrypt HTTPS traffic. Follow steps #1-8 of the following KB article to enable this configuration:
- Open Fiddler on your machine.
- In the menu bar, choose 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> 'Connections'
- Depending on your version of Fiddler, the second menu item may be labeled 'Fiddler Options' instead
- Ensure that 'Allow remote computers to connect' is checked.
- Click 'OK' to close this menu dialogue.
- Hover over the 'Online' indicator on the upper right-hand corner of the Fiddler toolbar and make note of the IP Address of the Fiddler Server:
- Leave Fiddler running.
Configure Mobile Device
IMPORTANT: Ensure the mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi Network as the machine running Fiddler.
- On the mobile device, Configure your Wi-Fi Network Settings to utilize the Fiddler Proxy. Please note the following steps are a guideline only. Each device is unique and may require variation from the steps below:
- For Android Devices:
- Refer to the following Fiddler Documentation:
- For iOS Devices:
- Refer to the following Fiddler documentation:
Once the traffic has been captured, please send the saved output to PortalGuard Technical Support for further troubleshooting. Also, please be sure to disable the Proxy Settings for your device as needed!
REV. 04/2019 | PortalGuard