Installing a Customized PortalGuard User Interface
You have received a Customized PortalGuard User Interface Package and Want to Put it in Place.
Follow the steps below to install a custom UI package received from a PortalGuard Technical Support Engineer.
- Download the .zip file containing the UI Package and save it to the PortalGuard Server.
- If you do not have the .zip file or need access to download it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to beginning, it is recommended that you take a snapshot of the PortalGuard server in case any issues occur.
- On the PortalGuard Server, extract the contents of the .zip file.
- Prior to extracting the files, ensure the .zip is not 'blocked' by right-clicking the file and choosing 'Properties'. If you see an option to 'Unblock' the file, please do so.
- Navigate to C:\inetpub\ and copy the current 'PortalGuard' folder.
- Paste the copy in place.
- This should result in the creation of a 'PortalGuard - Copy' folder to use as a backup if any issues occur.
- Open the 'PortalGuard' folder in the current File Explorer window to view its contents.
- Move this File Explorer window to the left-hand side of your screen.
- Open a new file explorer window and navigate to the extracted contents of the customized UI Package. Place that open File Explorer window on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Your screen should resemble the following:
- Highlight all files in the window on the right-hand side (i.e. the 'Customized PortalGuard UI Files') and 'Copy' them to your clipboard.
- Right-click on the white-space in the window on the left-hand side (i.e. the 'Current PortalGuard UI Files') and choose 'Paste'.
- When prompted by windows choose to 'Replace the files in the Destination':
- Run Command Prompt as an Administrator and execute the 'iisreset' command to ensure the website is read in correctly by the Web Server.
- Navigate to C:\inetpub\PortalGuard and edit the 'PG_Custom_dotNET_Text.inc' file in Notepad++ (or another administrative text editor).
- Locate the 'PG_RSRC_TIME' variable on line 5 and edit the value to reflect the current date in YYYMMDD format:
- Save the changes to the file.
- Navigate to your PortalGuard website and test the login.
REV. 11/2018 | PortalGuard