Change the OTP Length
The OTP length is either too short or too long - you'd like to change it.
Edit the Security Policy for which group you would like to receive longer OTPs. The following steps will allow you to update the length of the OTP being sent from PortalGuard.
- Navigate to the PortalGuard Server
- Open the PortalGuard Configuration Editor
- Edit the security policy that applies to the users that you wish to receive a 10-digit OTP
- Typically just the default policy, but if you have multiple policies, you will likely need to make this change in each of them
- Navigate to the Password Rules tab
- Select the OTP sub-tab
- Update the OTP Length Field to the desired number
- NOTE: This tab also allows changing of the expiration period for OTPs and the format of the OTPs
- Save the configuration
- Apply and sync the changes
- Send an OTP via PortalGuard to test
REV. 09/2018 | PortalGuard