Allow Access to the PortalGuard Help Desk Console
You would like to allow access to the PortalGuard Help Desk Console, and subsequently manage users with an authorized account.
Allow access to the Help Desk Console through the 'User Repository' Configuration in the PortalGuard Configuration Editor.
Steps for Allowing Access to the PortalGuard Help Desk Console
- On the PortalGuard Server, Open the PortalGuard Configuration Editor
- Navigate to the 'User Repositories' Tab and highlight the Repository that users should be able to manage
- Click the 'Edit' button on the right-hand side of the PortalGuard Configuration Editor
- Navigate to the 'Features' Tab
- Under the 'Help Desk' sub-tab, add users to the 'Global Admins' section by clicking the 'Add' button on the right-hand side
- In the new window, search for the user who should be granted access to the Help Desk Console
The 'Global Admins' section should now list the user.
Click 'Save' to save these changes.
Click 'Apply to PortalGuard Server' and then click 'Sync' for these changes to take effect.
- If you prefer to allow an entire Group or OU to access the Help Desk console, please see this KB Article for more information:
Accessing the PortalGuard Help Desk Console
- To Access the PortalGuard Help Desk Console, simply open a browser and access the URL:
When prompted by the PortalGuard UI, log in with an account that was authorized in the steps above.
- NOTE: Substitute 'YOUR.PORTALGUARD.URL' with the hostname to access your PortalGuard server
REV. 08/2018 | PortalGuard