Enabling Email Expiration Reminders
You want to configure a scheduled task for email expiration reminders to be sent from PortalGuard.
Run initial setup in the PortalGuard Configuration Editor and configure the included Email Expiration Reminders application.
Once in the actions menu select 'Initial Setup':
A new window will open. Click the 'Start' button:
Once started, a dialog box will pop up asking to overwrite Logs. Click 'No':
- On the PortalGuard Server, navigate to the PortalGuard Configuration Editor and click on the 'Actions'menu:
Directly after, another dialog box will appear asking to enable email reminders. Click 'Yes':
Once completed, you will notice that a task has been created in Windows Task Scheduler for PortalGuard to run every evening at 1:00 AM.
This task will first check the expiration dates of users, and then deliver the necessary email reminders, per the settings configured within Email_Expiration_Reminders.exe.
Ensure that Email Expiration reminders have been enabled from the C:\Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard\bin folder:
Once completed your email reminders will be sent out based on the intervals and settings configured here.
Important Configuration Notes:
- Email_Expiration_Reminders.exeshould be run as Administrator. Upon opening, you will be able to configure the settings as needed for your environment:
- Ensure the 'State' is set to 'Enabled'.
- Ensure the 'From' value is updated to a legitimate email address.
- You may further customize the Subject and Body of the email here as well, including sending the email as HTML instead of RTF.
- Hovering over any of the blue text labels will display contextual help for each feature.
- The 'Source Directory' setting must match the 'Expiration' method within your PortalGuard security policy.
- If your 'Expiration' method is configured as 'Saved', you will use (PortalGuard User Profiles) as the 'Source Directory'
- If your 'Expiration' method is configured as 'Computed at Runtime' you will use the appropriate User Repository in the 'Source Directory' instead.
REV. 09/2018 | PortalGuard