Prevent Disruption Resulting from Microsoft TLS 1.0 and 1.1 deprecation for Office 365
Microsoft is deprecating support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Office 365. This will break any existing integrations utilizing older TLS Protocols when connecting to O365, including some PortalGuard instances.
- For More Information on the Microsoft change:
Determine if this affects your organization and/or upgrade to v6.3 of PortalGuard.
How to Determine if your Organization is Affected by this Change
Your organization will be affected by this change if the following two points are 'True' for your PortalGuard environment:
- Your PG server is older than v6.3.X
- To confirm your version, navigate to the following location on your PG Server:
- 'Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard\bin'
- Locate the 'pg.dll' file. Right-click it and select 'Properties'.
- Navigate to the Details tab and note the 'Product Version'.
- You are using Office365 for SMTP
- To confirm whether or not you are using O365 for SMTP, launch the PortalGuard Configuration Editor on the PG server.
- Click the 'Edit Bootstrap' button and navigate to the Services -> Email tab.
- Confirm whether or not the 'SMTP Relay' value is configured to point to Office 365 (typically using 'smtp.office365.com').
If the above points are 'True' you will need to upgrade prior to October 15th to avoid any interruption in O365 related functionality.
How to Schedule an Upgrade
- Navigate to portalguard.ondemandlogin.com and create a support ticket.
- If you have never utilized the ticketing system, you'll need to create an account in order to login and create a support ticket.
- Be sure the ticket includes at least one Date/Time that works best to upgrade your Dev Environment, as well as a Date/Time that works best to upgrade Production. Providing multiple slots will help ensure the upgrade proceeds without issue.
- We highly recommend upgrading a Dev/Test instance of PortalGuard prior to performing a production upgrade. This will allow you to validate the new features and functionality, as well as the new User Interface, with your customizations merged in.
- For more information on the overall upgrade process, please see the following KB:
REV. 08/2020 | PortalGuard