Enable FIDO2 / WebAuthN Support in PortalGuard
Your wish to utilize a FIDO2/WebAuthN token with your PortalGuard website for MFA or Self-Service functionality.
Enable support for FIDO2/WebAuthN within PortalGuard.
- Important Note: Adding support for FIDO2/WebAuthN will ALSO add support for standard FIDO Tokens.
- Must be using PortalGuard Version 126.96.36.199 or Later
- Navigate to the PortalGuard server and open an administrative Text Editor (such as NotePad++ or similar)
- Edit the following file:
- Navigate to the bottom of the file and edit the boolean labeled "PG_USE_WEBAUTHN":
- Set this variable to 'true' and save the changes.
- Navigate to the PortalGuard Configuration Editor and edit the security policy that applies to the users in need of FIDO2/WebAuthN support.
- Navigate to the 'Authentication Methods' -> 'Tokens' tab and check the box labeled 'Allow WebAuthN' under the 'FIDO2 / Web Authentication' header:
- Navigate to the 'Actions' tab, and then navigate to the Sub-Tab for whichever action FIDO2/WebAuthN tokens should be allowed. For this example, we will enable these tokens for 2FA during a Login action through PortalGuard.
- Under the 'OTP Methods' tab of your selected Action, ensure 'FIDO2 / WebAuthN' is checked:
- Save the Settings to your Security Policy.
- Apply and Sync the changes.
- Login to PortalGuard and enroll your token from the Account Management Page:
REV. 010/2019 | PortalGuard