PortalGuard SQL Monitoring Application
- Your PortalGuard server is not generating any Reports in the Admin Dashboard.
- You are experiencing any SQL related issue with PortalGuard.
Our PG SQL Monitor application is an automated utility that runs as a Windows Service on your PortalGuard server to test the connection to your SQL database.
- Download the SQL Monitoring application below:
- Once downloaded and moved onto your PG server, extract the contents to your "Program Files\Pistolstar\PortalGuard Extensions" folder.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, create a new user named 'SQLReader' and give them db_owner rights in the Pstar database.
- This is required to test the connection to your SQL database.
- Open 'PG_SQLMonitor.exe.config' located in "\Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard Extensions\PG_SQLMonitor\" directory
- Update the 'pstarConnStr' key.
- The required information includes the Data Source, USER ID, and Password.
- To encrypt the password, please refer to section 5.60 of the Admin Guide.
- Provide the email address of the admin who will be sending and receiving the SQL Monitoring notifications.
- After all of the required information has been provided, open an elevated Command Prompt window with Administrator Rights.
- In the command prompt window, CD to the following directory "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319"
- Once in the above directory, run the following command:
- InstallUtil.exe "C:\Program Files\PistolStar\PortalGuard Extensions\PG_SQLMonitor\PG_SQLMonitor.exe"
- If installed correctly you will see the following text in the CMD window.
REV. 06/2019 | PortalGuard